Are you a programmer/developer with a passion for all things cyber?
Are you ready to fast forward your future in the exciting, growing Cybersecurity field?
Do you see yourself working for a large, Fortune 500-type company?
The Columbus Collaboratory is seeking full-time, aspiring Cybersecurity Analysts to be a part of a unique Cybersecurity Rotational Program beginning in June 2018. You will rotate through a number of Cybersecurity departments in up to seven of the following corporations headquartered in Columbus, OH: American Electric Power, Battelle, Cardinal Health, Huntington National Bank, L Brands, Nationwide, and OhioHealth.
The goal of the Program is permanent placement in the member company cybersecurity teams, so if you like the idea of hyper-launching your career in cybersecurity at one of the finest Fortune 500-type companies, then this is the job for you!
Come work alongside a team of talented and energetic cybersecurity professionals who, like you, will be building world class cybersecurity skills while providing value to these leading companies - from solving the world’s energy concerns, to providing insurance and banking protection, to making life more enjoyable through cutting edge retail and healthcare.
This position is located in Columbus, Ohio, which ranked as the #1 American city to work in tech in 2017 by SmartAsset. Learn more about our Columbus Region’s amazing growth & accolades at: http://columbusregion.com/market-research/rankings-and-accolades/
The Cybersecurity Analyst will gain knowledge and real-world experience in a broad set of information security areas including security operations, creating and responding to alerts, vulnerability identification, secure coding scans, reverse malware engineering and forensic analysis.
Upon completion of the approximately 1-year Program, the assignment will be complete and each Cybersecurity Analyst will have the opportunity to apply for open positions on the Cybersecurity teams at the member companies.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major in a technical or scientific discipline, conferred on or before June 1, 2018.
• A problem solving and inquisitive mindset
• Ability to work independently as well as with teams to achieve goals
• Ability to build effective and constructive relationships across all levels of an organization
• Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to present complex concepts in an
• US Citizen
THE FOLLOWING CREDENTIALS ARE STRONGLY DESIRED:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology with specific coursework in Information Security, Computer Systems or Software Engineering
• Prior exposure to a technical operations role within information security, such as Systems Administration, Firewall Administration, Directory Services Administrator, etc.,
• Programming experience; e.g. C.net, C#, Java, Visual Basic, etc.
• General knowledge of SQL
• Prior exposure or experience with any of the list below:
o Intrusion detection
o Logging - Analysis
o Vulnerability Management
o Operating Systems
o Network Protocols
o Hardening Systems
o Malware Analysis
The Columbus Collaboratory offers a competitive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, as well as other voluntary benefits. The Columbus Collaboratory is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace.
To submit an application, please send a resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.